Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Play Dates!




Oh, God, how fun to be an adult and still have play dates with friends! That is exactly what I did today!

My friend, Priscilla, came over to my apartment today. It had been quite awhile since we had last seen each other. We created a random assortment of goodies for lunch. As we ate, we sat around the coffee table, candle lit, and got caught up on each other's lives. Oh, what a gift! Yet another wonderful time we had together, so joy filled. I treasure our friendship :)

And, how do you distinguish between a good, genuine friend and an acquaintance??

Mama's answer: A friend is one who you leave their presence feeling filled up :D

So, then tonight, my small group of women had a party at our leader's place. We ate dinner, fellowshipped, and were relational, like we women know how to do best :) Sometimes you just need that person to person contact rather than diving deeper into another study. Again, such a filling time for me. I left our gathering feeling rejuvenated and so grateful for the fabulous group of women You, God, have placed in my life!

Thank God for the support and camaraderie of fellow believers in the midst of a chaotic city :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that you got to spend time with Priscilla and your group yesterday! Sounds like two fun play dates! God is so good to fill you up in this way!~oxo

    ReplyDelete