Thursday, March 31, 2011

Identity Crisis???



It tends to start with just one little pooh-pooh thought. . .A friend never responded to that sweet text I sent a few days ago. Oh no, what did I do to offend her?? She has finally realized how silly and crazy I am and decided she no longer wants to be my friend. Actually, no one really contacted me yesterday evening...I must have done something wrong or better yet, I am a flat out stinky person. Go ahead! Just do it already and be done! Give my that negative zero score I deserve for being the world's worst human being.....

Okay, okay, I have a tendency to over-exaggerate, but You get the picture. One tiny thought (or lie, rather) can get planted in my head and I claim it as true (which I hate to admit!) and thus begins that oh most terrible downward spiral to empty, dark nothing-ness! 

NO FUN!!

But, it's true - the fact that this has and still occasionally does happen to me. It's incredible the affect our thoughts, the enemy's lies, and the Savior's Truth has on our minds which thus affects our bodies, moods, and spiritual condition. 

My latest experience with this, Lord Jesus, was just this past Sunday morning. I don't know why, but I believed this little annoying booger of a lie that took me for quite the unpleasant emotional and mental roller coaster! You are so good, though! On my walk to class that morning, You spoke Your words of Truth to me through a pastor's sermon on my ipod. Since this spiral has occurred before, Your grace allowed me to recognize the believed lie rather quickly!! I repented (yes, it's a sin to believe anything but Your Truth, crazy!!), and I experienced...

FREEDOOOOOOMMM!!!! (I like to sing it :)

Thank You, Jesus, thank You!!!

That night, at church, my pastor spoke on the temptation of Jesus in the Wilderness. And, something he said stuck out to me:

"The enemy's primary goal is to get you (Child of God) to doubt your identity in Christ!!!"

WOW!!! SO true!!!

Jesus, if my identity/security is in anything other than YOU, I can expect emotional, mental and spiritual chaos! 

Lord Jesus, my Savior and Redeemer, thank You for being my Identity and my Security and my Confidence and my Peace and my Joy and my Strength and Provision and Wisdom!!! 

Thank You, Precious Jesus, for being my LIFE!!! :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Amen Boo. Amen. I love you, text response or not :). Big hug!

    ReplyDelete