Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Cuteness


 

I know that I hadn't written in this blog for quite awhile, and then BAM! I randomly come back with this complaining fast that I recently started and begin writing again everyday....

There's no real rhyme or reason, I guess it's a 'just because' thing. I realize I'm not required to explain myself, yet I feel compelled to at times. Not sure why. The need to defend myself? Perhaps. Or, too worried about misperception on the reader's end? Possibly. (Sounds like pride, actually, but let me go on). I find it rather funny that I so quickly and simply decided to start writing again, yet how soon it turned into a 'formula' where I, for the most part, have to critically and strategically think about the content and fluidity of what I'm writing. Quite silly if you ask me. I'm quite silly. One, for thinking this way. And, two, well, I'm just silly silly, as in goofy silly, ha ;) 

But, anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. . . I'm curious why I often sense a nonverbalized pressure to say or do the 'right' thing? And, I'm not talking about moral issues here. I find that if I don't fit into that mold (that either I or society has created), then that leads to (or has the potential to lead to) disappointment, changed perception, or goodness forbid, a lost fb friend ;) (over-thinking? most likely)....

Quite frankly, if I love to write, then gosh darnit, I just want to write. And, write freely, not giving too much thought to how I or my writing is being perceived. Some days, I will think long and hard about what I want to write. Other days, I will....not. I'll be deep, serious, and thought provoking sometimes. And, silly, funny, and lighthearted at other times. I want to break that 'formula' that I so unfortunately have a tendency to create for myself. 

I guess (since I'm a chef :) I'll compare it to cooking - I love being in a kitchen, whipping up a new, fun, (hopefully) tasty meal. I may be bold and frequently try new ingredients, herbs, spices, and techniques. There's no guarantee that my creation will come out with 5 stars every time, yet it doesn't stop me from continuing to do what I love to do. And, with more time and practice, I will eventually get the hang of the art of cooking. So it is with writing. It's a hobby, one of my many hobbies. Fills me up and is a great release. I enjoy doing it and hope to never quit just because it can be a little intimidating at times and bring up a few billy nilly insecurities. 

So....with that, I am not apologizing for this post or the following randomness. It's a rather adorable song sung by a little girl to her hedgehog, and it made me smile. So, there. Watch, listen, smile, and be blessed. 




CHEERS!!! Here's to the freedom to be YOU and random, if you so desire :)


oxo


Galations 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened by a yoke of slavery."

No comments:

Post a Comment