Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Laughing Matter


God, remember that time when we were in church, sitting as a family, all cute and composed??? And, then, I decided (ever so wisely) to draw a big ol' smiley face (one of my obsessions in life) on my brother's hand. . . .

Bad idea.

Gregory, being the silly one that he is, began doing a little dance with his hand - the one with the drawing on it. For some odd reason,  I thought it was absolutely hilarious, and then I was hit incredibly forcefully with a terrible case of the giggles. Not sure why, but I could not help but laugh. At this point, the pastor was doing his thing from the pulpit, and (thank You God that we were sitting in the back) my body was shaking uncontrollably with laughter. I couldn't hold it in much longer. I was about to burst! 

I stood up and practically ran out the back door of the sanctuary! Free at last. The giggles came and I just let 'em rip. Whoo! Close one!



I'm joyfully reminded of another bellyaching, funny incident. One night, Mama made delicious homemade mango margaritas. I tried it - delicious. She tried it...Now, I don't know what happened exactly, but the second she tried it, she had some reflex and spewed the drink all over my face. Ohmygoodness!!! We were crying from laughing so hard!!! HILarious!!


Oh, and I can't forget that time at Bodenseehof, when my friend and I were sitting in the back of class. She (so wisely, I might add) was leaning back in her chair during one of the lectures. And, what d'ya know?! Her chair slipped from under her and she went down....Her head was on the ground, and her feet were dangling in the air. Not quite sure whether to stand there in patient shock....Or, laugh uncontrollable, hysterically....I chose the latter. Good thing my friend had a wonderful sense of humor. We could NOT stop laughing. Even 10 minutes later, I had to dash out of the classroom because of the giggles. I was in the bathroom, still just laughin' like a silly drunk (hope it's okay that I said that....couldn't think of another comparison...).


Lastly (for now:), I have to take a trip down memory lane of the time my family and I were all in the car together driving home from dinner. Can't remember how it all started, but I do remember the point where I (and my family) have never laughed so hard in our lives!!! Mama joined in on the noise-makin' fun and tried making 'farting' (man, I'm inappropriate today!!) noises on her arm. And, I followed. Quite humorous, I might say. Whoo! We all got a killer ab workout.




So, why am I bringing all these laughing incidences up??? Well, just the other day, I had a moment of ponderation. Thinking to myself, When was the last time I had a belly-achin' laugh - the kind of laugh that is uncontrollable and brings tears to my eyes??? I just couldn't remember (Oh, wait! I did laugh in the elevator when Juls and J-Diz were in town....a reason I'm not going to share right now). Now, what's up with that, Lord??? I LOVE laughing!! It's like one of my hobbies! One of my 'favorites' if I had to write it down. Why is it that I (feel, as though) haven't had a really good laugh in awhile?? Is it the city?? Living on my own?? Having too much on my plate?? Being an 'adult,' living in the 'real' world?? Or, could it be that I don't feel comfortable or completely free to be myself?? Ahh! I don't like this!! I don't want to become a hard, cold, non-laughing pale girl with little sense of humor!!! Help!! Come quick and inject me with all the laughing serum You have!! Laugh, smile, giggle through me today, Lord God!! I miss not having to do ab workouts and wearing my 'laugh wrinkle' (joke) cream at night!! 

I ask and pray for at least a couple genuine bellyachin' laughs this week! For, this ain't no laughin' matter!!! Sweet Jesus - Creator of all smiles and laughter itself :) 

i love YOU!!
xoxo

1 comment: