Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just A Little Huggin' and Lovin' xoxo



Good Morning, God! Happy Wednesday! I know I have quite a bit of random stories and thoughts to tell You, but that's exactly the point, to share with You anything that's on my heart or mind that I'd like to express via writing :)


So, a few nights ago I attended my first Seder dinner at my church, TGC. SO great! Well, the topic of 'kids' came up and how adorable they are and all. And, how if you're having a tough day or whatever, a little girl or boy's smile can kinda make you forget everything. Just melts your heart :)


I was trying to think of an encounter I had with a cute child, and I was reminded of the day I moved (about a week and a half ago). When I was walking through the lobby of my old apartment building, this absolutely precious boy (probably around 1 and 1/2 years-old or so) comes waddling toward me, giant, contagious grin on his face, and arms open wide. I bend down, and enthusiastically accept his loving embrace!


Ohmygoodness!! My heart was absolutely full at that moment. I just couldn't get over the fact that this innocence baby practically "ran" towards a complete stranger (and with a huge smile, I might add) to give a big ol' generous hug!! 


That one hug (or little boy, rather!) taught me a few things, that's for sure!
A couple thoughts I'd like to share regarding this rare occasion: 


One. I absolutely LOVE hugs! How did he know?!?! :)


Two. Why is it that people seemingly grow less vulnerable as they age, totally unlike my little hugger?? I've noticed (even more so now, after moving to the city) that a majority of humans are generally closed off, not even willing to give a passer by eye contact, let alone a physical embrace!!


Three. I want to be like that precious, innocent, vulnerable, loving baby boy!! I want to be more open, more giving, more accepting, more willing to view others with Your loving eyes, Lord! This world is a rather cold, dark place, especially here in NYC. Yet, Your Love and Light (and hugs :) are bigger and brighter. Yes, with transparency and vulnerability - a wide open heart (this includes giving and receiving) - come risk and the potential to experience failure, hurt, and rejection. Perhaps that is why so many people harden their hearts towards any sort of emotion at all. Yes, I know what it's like to feel pain, hurt. Yet, I also know what it's like to feel nothing at all....I would prefer the former, which is to experience love with a risk of losing than to never love again. And, with that comes the potential to bless others, just like that little guy blessed me :)


And, Lord, this is where YOU come in (well, You're always here, but You know what I mean!).


Jesus, I invite You to love through me today (for I am incapable - my flesh is full of non-genuineness and selfish pride...in other words, I need YOU!!). My mouth is Yours' to smile through. My arms are Yours' to hug through. My heart is Yours' to love through. Now, let's have fun melting the cold hearts of NYC, one smile and one hug at a time :)


xoxoxoxo


P.S. I love You! 

1 comment: