Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Girl

There are compliments. And, there are putdowns and criticisms.


And, then......there are those comments that stand alone. They can be taken as positive, negative, or simply truth. And, what do you do with those kind of comments? Laugh 'em off. Ignore them.......OR, you can just simply shrug your shoulders, slap on that grin, and say, "That's me. Ali."


Yup, believe it or not, I've been compared (on more than one occasion. okay, like 10!) to the character of Jess on that T.V. show, "New Girl." If you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about. If not, then perhaps you should check it out.






Here is the Wikipedia synopsis of Jess:


"Zooey Deschanel as Jessica "Jess" Day, the eponymous "new girl". She is a cute, bubbly middle school teacher in her late 20s. She is a free spirit. She acts according to her hearts content; usually, in unconventional ways. Her behavior does not reflect social norms, which ends up making her look weird but her quirkiness loveable and charming. Jess is genuine and kind-hearted. She is imaginative and naïve, much like a child. She opens herself up to everyone and easily trusts which tends to put her in a vulnerable position. Jess has a tendency to get into awkward situations due to her aversion to confrontation. Regardless of misfortunes, her positivity strives to keep her faith alive. Among her personality traits is her tendency to burst into song, sometimes making up lyrics reflecting her situation."


At first, I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not, considering this 'new girl' is somewhat quirky, offbeat, social awkward at times, and will randomly bursts into song.......but, then, it hit me. That is me. Oh my gooseberries!! Jess girl, you get me! Finally, someone who understands authentic quirkiness and adds a li'l fun spunk, poppin' sass, and cute (yet awfully butchered) British accent attempts :) Yeeeeesss!! Whoohooo!!! I can finally truly sing my Pilates style prayers with confidence, passion, and soul, ha! 


I'm not really sure why I'm writing this post about comparing myself to some fictitious T.V. show character. I'll let y'all speculate and add your two cents (or sense or what ever the heck it is). But, for now, I'm taking this as a shout to the world as a declaration of my unique self and not as an apology for the weird, inappropriate (unintentionally, at least), and just plain random things that fly out of my mouth. Or, maybe I'm just kind of a fan of that show and think it's pretty funny and get a kick out of that Jess girl and felt like posting that....


Whatever the reason, one thing stands for sure - what you see is what you get.



It's Me. Ali ;)








In the words of Jess, "I have to go out tonight, 'cause I'm feeling pretty twirly." I know, right?!! ;)



Cheers!


xo

1 comment:

  1. SO true! I never thought of it until now, but yes. You two are little soul twinsies ;). I enjoy you both!

    ReplyDelete