Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover (Or a Cookie by its Form....or Lack there of ;)



It's about time I post this recipe, right Jamie?!! Not sure why you keep asking me....you do realize I don't really use the same ingredients every time, yeah?!! Haha....I'll try my best though, so you can use these cookies (or oat mound) to make more friends. You're most welcome :)

Okay, gettin' right to it:

GF Oatmeal Cookie (or Glob) "Recipe"

1/2 cup melted butter (or coconut oil) - cut in half if using applesauce
2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar (this is the reduced sugar amount...you could always substitute with maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar)
6-7 cups TJ's GF rolled oats
1/2 bar (1 lb plus bar from tj's) dark chocolate or more ;)
4 eggs or less (or substitute with mashed banana)
1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 cup peanut (or almond) butter

This last batch, I added coconut yogurt, applesauce, almond milk, a pinch of pink sea salt and cinnamon....feel free to add whatever suits your sweet li'l fancy pants :)

I'm not much of a baker, I don't have much patience, and I don't like to follow directions....

Therefore, I just mix everything together in a big bowl all at once. Glop heaps of cookie dough on baking sheets (either greased or with parchment paper). Cookies will spread, so leave lots of room....unless you like oatmeal bars instead ;)

Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes, until light brown. 

Indulge :) 

*Warning: last batch (for Bachelor season finale girls' night), my 'cookies' did not keep their form, so they literally became one huge mound. Everyone ate from that plate with their spoons. Taste was at least a success, yesss!! :)

Love you J-Dizzle!!! Happy cookie baking!! Oh, and invite me up to visit you and your biola buds!! I need to get out more, ha! ;)

Cheers and Hugs!!

XO  

No comments:

Post a Comment